Letter to Editors
In 2014, The Common Wealth Fund released research ranking the quality of healthcare in 11 developed nations. The United States came in last. The World Health Organization released its first analysis of the world's healthcare systems in 2000. Comparing 191 nations, the US ranked 37. Behind Costa Rica and just ahead of Slovenia.
US Center for Disease Control (CDC) statistics expose the decline of American health…
- Half of adult America live with a chronic health condition
- Over two-thirds of adults are overweight or obese
- The risk of developing cancer in men is one out of two, and for women one out of three
- Cancer is the number one killer of children under the age of 15
- One out of three older Americans will die with Alzheimer’s disease (the sixth leading cause of death)
- Recently released CDC statistics report one out of 45 children have autism spectrum disorder
- The entire American healthcare system has become a profit driven conglomerate where providers are forced to deliver care in a 15 minute office appointment.
I believe the American people deserve to know the truth about the standard care risks, dangers and the alternatives available.
In 2014 PartnerMD.com surveyed 1000 patients…
- 69% expressed worry about our current healthcare model
- 93% spent less than 30 minutes with their physician during their appointment
- 30% spent less than ten minutes with their physician
A 2005 study by Ohio State University showed 70% of adults over 50 have sought out and used some type of alternative medicine. WHY?
Because American healthcare has lost public trust and confidence. As an insider, this loss of faith is completely justified.